FEBRUARY 2015 SPECIAL YAGYAS
Feb 3rd – Pournami – Chandi & Lakshmi Homas (Yagyas).
Feb 7th – Sankatahara Chaturthi – Ganesha Sahastra Modaka Homa (Yagya).
Feb 16th – Pradosham & Maha Shiva Rathri – Navagraha Homa (Yagya), Rudra Homa (Yagya), Maha Mrityunjaya Homa (Yagya).
Introduction on Maha Shivarathri: Maha Shiva Rathri is a very Special Event that will begin traditionally with GANAPATI PUJA, PUNYAHA VACHNAM , followed by RUTVIKKARNA , KANKANA DHARNA. This is followed main events MAHANYASA PURVAKA EKADASA RUDRABHISHEKAM .
Rudrabhishekam will be performed Eleven times to Shiva Linga with the holy chanting of Sri Rudram with natural nectars like Cow Milk, Yogurt, Sugarcane Juice, Honey, Saturated Butter made from Cow milk, and other Fruit juices. These Natural nectars will be poured over the Sacred Shiva Linga along with the chanting of Very Powerful Sri Rudram. This is known as Rudrabhishekam and when this whole thing is repeated it is known as Eka Dasha Rudrabhishekam. At the end of every Rudra adhyayam Shiva ling will be cleaned with Holy water or Ganga Jal (Holy Water from the Holy Ganges River) and will be adorned with Holy Ash which pleases Lord Shiva the most. It indicates the under lined philosophy of life which keeps reminding us that everything in life is transient and has to reduce to ash eventually.
Events Schedule Details in the Morning:-
From 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM – Ganapathy Pooja and Punya Vachanam & Maha Sankalpa will be done for the event.
1. From 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM – Mahanyasam.
2. From 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM – Mahanyasa Purvaka Ekadasha Maha Rudrabhishekam will be performed to Lord Shiva. Followed by Prasada Vitarana (Distribution of the Sacred remains called Prasad)
Events Schedule Details in the Evening:-
From 6:00 PM – 2:00 AM – Five types of Super special Abhishekams will be done to Shiva Linga in five different forms and with each exclusive alankaram (Decoration) done for each form in a unique special way with special and sacred item to please Lord Shiva viewing Him five forms. They are as follows –
3. From 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM – Rudra Homam. This is then followed by Archana and concludes with Maha Mangal Aarti.
4. From 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM – Parvathi Parameshwara Kalyanam. This is then followed by Archana and concludes with Maha Mangal Aarti.
5. From 10:00 PM – 12:00 MIDNIGHT – The third form of Lord Shiva, AGHORA – This is extremely special and important and hence will also be performed at the ‘Lingodbhava Kala’, most important time of Shivarathri day when the Shiva Linga darshan happens – which means at the time of rise of the Shiva Ling. Special ‘Bhasmabhishekam’ is done to Shiv Linga with ‘Bhasma rasi’ means holy ashes. This is then followed by Archana and concludes with Maha Mangal Aarti.
6. From 12:00 PM – 2:00 MIDNIGHT – The fourth form of Lord Shiva, TATPURUSHA – This will be performed after the ‘Lingodbhava Kala’. – Special ‘Panchamrutha’ Abhishekam is done to Shiva Linga with Cow Milk, Yogurt, Ghee (Saturated butter), Honey, Sugar, coconut water and will be finally washed with Ganga Jal, which please the Lord Shiva the most. This is them followed by Archana and concludes with Maha Mangal Aarti.
ALL OF THE ABOVE SPECIAL PUJAS AND YAGYAS WILL BE PERFORMED IN THE SPONSORORS NAMES along with their NAKSHATRA AND GOTRA (if provided, optional).
Feb 18th – Amavasya – Amavasya Tarpanam.